TeamSpeak server is one of the VoIP selections, a trend between these outstanding technology users. But what are VoIP and seemingly TeamSpeak? How to utilize them?
In this article, we will cover all the answers to these questions. So be a company, please, essentially if you intend to understand how to set up a TeamSpeak server on windows.
What is a VoIP?
VoIP is a technology that stands for Voice over Internet Protocol. The leading utility of VoIP is facilitating the possibility of grouping phone calls over the internet connection.
There are too many types of VoIP technology. But always there are the best ones. in this case, there is only one option that is the most popular and, in most people’s belief, the best one specifically among gamers, the TeamSpeak server.
You can set up a TeamSpeak server on Linux and Windows both. In this article, We will cover how to set up a TeamSpeak server on Windows.
Another article on our blog has comprehensively covered How to Set up TeamSpeak Server on Linux.
Let’s get more familiar with TeamSpeak, its features, and the best-suited ones!
Then we will get right on setting it up!
What is TeamSpeak?
As we mentioned, a TeamSpeak server’s main interest is to place a call and communicate with people over the internet. It gives apps for both computers and mobiles. TeamSpeak 3 ( a selection of TeamSpeak ) provides many other features By using cutting-edge VoIP technology that we will cover continuously.
One of these features is empowering individuals to build virtual rooms to sending and receive files, chat besides placing calls.
Also, TeamSpeak 3 could be the first choice for you to communicate with teammates through a game session if you are a gamer. The reason is TeamSpeak and its last version, TeamSpeak 3, present the advantage of convenient audible voice connections between team players.
Another beneficial feature for professional gamers is that you might require the whole screen of your teammates. In this case, you can initiate an in-game overlay to watch the critical information in small semi-transparent windows.
Features of TeamSpeak 3
If we’ve said that TeamSpeak 3 is the most popular and maybe the best one, we have reasons for it. Let’s straightly jump in these features that make TeamSpeak 3 specific:
- They are exploiting end-to-end encryption to increase user security. You can determine who can be joined to a chat room and who operates that.
- As we told you can transfer files between conference members and save them. This ability works on every firewall type.
- To extend the functionality, you can Implement easy customization, plugins, and tools as you wish.
Are you fit to utilize TeamSpeak 3?
Before getting on to the main topic of setting up a TeamSpeak server on windows, it’s good to know if you are fit to use this app? Yes, you are! Everyone can utilize the benefits of TeamSpeak 3. To answer this question less general, for yourself, take a comparison between the features we’ve explained and your needs to see which features are beneficial for you. But overall, the best-suited for TeamSpeak 3 are:
- Online gamers: we discussed features for these users. TeamSpeak server is the most suitable choice for them.
- Business professionals: It might seem too costly to use the usual conversational plans initially. But in big companies with too many employees, it’s urgently required to exploit a high-tech VoIP app like TeamSpeak. Also, if you are a professional business owner, you can use TeamSpeak VPS Server Hosting to get a better experience and have a dedicated virtual private server.
- Learners include Students: The first choice of too many students, especially during COVID-19 circumstances, could be TeamSpeak. Additionally, developing VoIP technology can provide a better opportunity for students that intend to enroll in virtual classrooms and online courses.
Ultimate Guide on How To Setup a Teamspeak Server on Windows
There are too many convenient works in setting up various apps, and setting up a TeamSpeak server on Windows is one of them. All you should do is following up steps that we’ve explained below for you. For your more convenience, we’ve located a screenshot for each step. Please be a company!
1- Check the Windows version
As you may know, there are two different architectures for Windows Operating System; Windows 32-bit and 64-bit versions. TeamSpeak supports each performance with a specific solution.
If you can’t figure out which version you are using:
- Select the Start button > Settings > System > About . Open About settings.
- Under Device specifications > System type, see if you’re running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows.
2- Download a fit version of your Windows
Go to TeamSpeak and download the Teamspeak 3 server for your system type.
It’s crucial to be TeamSpeak compatible with your Windows OS. So do not neglect the first step.
3- Extract files and install the app
After you downloaded TeamSpeak for Windows, first, you should extract the files. WinRAR is maybe the best solution for Windows to extracting files. Since you extract the files, you should administratively run the installer file, i.e. TeamSpeak3.exe.
As soon as you accept the agreement, license server login credentials will be exhibited.
Don’t forget to copy the Server Login Credentials in a text file because they are needed in the next step.
4- Authorize the TeamSpeak 3 Ports in Windows Firewall
In case input ports are not allowed on Windows for this service (Generally, it is not for new services unless you enable it during installation) you should do it manually and allow the required ports on the Windows firewall.
TeamSpeak uses seven ports for a worthwhile connection between the client and server. We’ve distinguished by red squares in the image below.
5- Connect using TeamSpeak 3 Client
Now that you’ve learned how to set up a TeamSpeak Server on Windows, it’s time to learn the basics of connecting via the TeamSpeak 3 client.
After completing the referring steps for your client device, use the Connections tab and click on connect. Enter your VPS IP in Server Nickname or Address section and hit Connect.
There are too many apps using VoIP technology, and TeamSpeak is just one of them. In this article, we fully covered how to set up a TeamSpeak server on windows. To improve our content, we will be delighted if you leave a comment below as questions or suggestions.