What is WHM (Windows Host Manager)?
WHM (Web Host Manager) is a tool which service providers offer to individual clients. The same hosting provider will also handle all the server related issues, leaving you free to look after your business and to look forward to its growth.
Get yourself an efficient and easy WordPress VPS for hosting your website, at the cheapest price out there. VMs Running on powerful hardware with NVMe SSD storage for increased speed and reliability.Check Out WP VPS Plans
WHM gives you a lot more control and flexibility when managing either a few very or large number of sites. WHM also gives you the option to create and manage cPanels. WHM gives you tools to easily do the following things:
WHM gives you tools to easily do the following things:
- Create, delete, and suspend your cPanel accounts.
- Manage and monitor your sites (password resets).
- Access to check and change all of your domains’ DNS zones.
- The ability to configure your own customers’ support requests through cPanel.
- Permission to check the server information and status.
- Ability to create your own default page when you create a new account.
- Access to customize your hosting and control panel with extensive branding.
- Ability to change your client domain names and user names.
- Hop between every cPanel on your account and access/change anything that does not require SQL access.
However, sometimes you may come across the error message “Invalid cPanel license” after logging in to the WHM. Things that cause this error are:
- Cpanel license expiration
- Change in the main IP of the server
- License not updated
How to fix invalid cpanel license error
Step 1) In order to fix the above issue, first make sure you have an active cPanel license for the server IP.You can check the status of your cPanel license at http://verify.cpanel.net
Copy and paste the server IP and click on “verify”.
Step 2) The cPanel license status will now appear. If you see the cPanel license status “active”, then use these commands to fix the invalid cPanel license error:
- Login to the server with root user with either Secure shell client ( SSH ) or Putty
- Run the following as root on the server: /usr/local/cpanel/cpkeyclt
- Hit enter
After executing the command it will show you that the license status has been updated. WHM would now be accessible and ready to navigate through.