Mac RDP: After activation of a Windows VPS server, it takes 15 to 40 minutes to load the Operating System for the first time. Then, you can connect to the VPS server with Windows Remote Desktop Connection (On Apple computers including iPad and iPhone, you can get the Microsoft Remote Desktop from the App Store – In Linux, you can use Remmina Remote Desktop Client or similar software – In Android, you can use the native RD Client.)
So you only need to follow these steps. (This guide is for Mac users; however, other Operating Systems or devices are very similar.)
1. Check your email inbox and look for an email from RouterHosting containing your login details to log into your server.
2. If you have the Microsoft Remote Desktop app on your Mac device, skip this.
Open your Mac app store and search for “Remote Desktop 10” and download the app.
3. Now open the Microsoft Remote Desktop app and create an RDP connection.
4. Enter your IP address and save it.
5. Double-click on the saved RDP connection to start the session.
6. A window like the picture below will pop up – Enter your username and password (which you have received via email) and press Done.
7. Click Continue.
Congratulations, Now you are connected to your Windows VPS via Microsoft RDP (Remote Desktop Connection). You can use it just like your own computer and run any software you like. Your server can be on 24/7. If you are running a program on it, then make sure you do not log off. Just disconnect your RDP connection.
If you have any question related to this subject, please comment below. For any problem with your VPS please open a ticket via our Ticketing System.