iOS RDP: After activation of a Windows VPS server, it takes 15 to 40 minutes to load the Operating System for the first time then you can connect to the VPS server with Windows Remote Desktop Connection ( On Apple Devices including tablets, smartphones, you can get the Microsoft Remote Desktop from the App store – In Linux you can use Remmina Remote Desktop Client or similar – Android you can use RD client ) .
So basically please follow these steps (this guide is for iOS users however other Operating System or devices are very similar)
1. Check your email box and looking for an email from RouterHosting which having the login detail to log into your server.
- If you have the Microsoft Remote Desktop app on your iOS device, skip this.
Open your app store and search for “Microsoft remote desktop” and download the app.
3. Now open the RD Client app and create an RDP connection.
4. Choose Desktop.
5. Now go to the “PC Name” and enter your VPS IP (which you have received in the email).
6. Now Save this RDP profile.
7. Tap on the saved RDP to start the session.
8. Then you will see this window.
9. A Window like this will pop out – Enter the username and password (which you have received in the email) and press Done.
Congratulations, Now you are connected to your Windows VPS via Microsoft RDP (Remote Desktop Connection). Now you can use just like your own computer and run any software you wish for. Your server can be on 24/7 days. If you are running a program on it then make sure you do not log off. Just disconnect it. Enjoy it 🙂
If you had any question related to this guide please comment below. For any problem with your VPS please open a ticket via our Ticketing System.